You have no items in your shopping cart.
Johnny Wright, SoftSheen-Carson, Artistic Style Director and Stylist to First Lady Michelle Obama, Gives His Top Hair Care Tips
Every woman wants to maintain healthy hair, especially during the winter months. Johnny Wright, SoftSheen-Carson Artistic Style Director and Stylist to First Lady Michelle Obama and such celebrities as Vanessa L. Williams, Vivica A Fox and Sherri Shepherd, has some fabulous tips to combat dryness for unbeatable breakage protection at home with Optimum Care Salon Collection.
“Tips to Protect Against Winter Dryness and Promote Healthy Stronger Longer Hair”
Add An Extra Dose of Moisture: Your hair will benefit from an extra surge of moisture in the winter months. Keeping your hair and scalp regularly moisturized will ensure that your hair stays healthy, strong and protected from the cold.
- For dry scalp: If your scalp is dry or feels tight, Johnny recommends Optimum Care Salon Collection Essential Nutrients, which instantly revitalizes, relieves dryness and restores balance to scalp with one dose. It contains ceramides and vitamins A, B & E to help promote healthy hair and scalp. Also, if you have dry edges, add a few drops of vitamin E Oil to your hairline.
- For dry hair: Strengthen hair and repair split ends with Optimum Care Salon Collection Whipped Oil Moisturizer. The whipped formula is so lightweight that it moisturizes without weighing the hair.
- Beautiful Hair Starts in the Shower: Deep conditioning your hair weekly not only keeps your hair looking and feeling healthy, it will also help to keep your hair protected from wintery elements. Use a deep conditioner, such as Optimum Care Salon Collection Deep Conditioning Masque. This weekly intense treatment infuses hair with strengthening ceramides and nourishing coconut oil for long lasting moisture, strength and shine. With its refreshing relaxing sensation, you won’t even miss going to the salon! For best results, place a plastic cap over the hair and sit under the dryer for 10 minutes.
- Don’t Over Style: Keep your use of hot styling tools to a minimum. Blow drying and flat ironing can dry out and damage your hair. If you need to use heat, always use a thermal heat protector like Optimum Care Salon Collection Heat Protection Polisher on your hair before blow-drying or flat ironing, and never turn the dial past 400 degrees.
- Protect Your Hair: Wear scarves or hats to protect your hair from cold temperatures and wind. Stay away from rough wool hats, which can lead to breakage, and stick with soft, smooth fabrics like silk and soft cottons.
Any more recommendations ladies? Products or tips? Do share by commenting